A Street Cat Named Bob

I'm touched with the story...
Got this article & photos from 'facebook -  for animals'


photo by Rebecca Reid (Reuters)

The enchanting bestselling story of a stray cat who saved a man's life.

It all began five-and-a-half years ago, when James found Bob, starving and wounded.‘He was hiding in my building — he had been attacked by another cat, or maybe a fox.
He had a great big wound on his side, the poor thing.’

After three days, James cleaned his wounds and took him to the RSPCA for a course of antibiotics, which cost £28.‘It was pretty much the last money I had, but I didn’t feel it was too much to help something in need. I’ve always loved cats,’ says James.Dependent on methadone and living in a small one-bedroom flat, James’s life had veered badly off course just a few years earlier.


After three years on the streets, he was given a council flat. By the time he found Bob, he was in the process of kicking his drug habit with the help of a recovery program. ‘I’d take him outside, but he just wouldn’t run off. I would leave for a day’s busking and he’d follow me up the road. Then, one day, he followed me all the way on to the number 73 bus. He climbed on right after me!’


The pair make quite a sight — the 6ft 3in James walking down the road with a ginger moggy draped around his neck. While James sings, Bob curls up on a blanket.‘Before I’d even tuned up my guitar on that first day, the coins started dropping on the floor,’ says James. He took home almost three times his usual amount.


When James was approached by the literary agent Mary Pachnos, he was surprised.Soon, we had publishers on board and six months later we had a book. ‘I’ll never go back to drugs. I’ve learnt too much and grown up.’
 
For this, he thanks Bob: ‘It’s all down to him. For the first time, I felt like I had family. It gave me the determination to make my life more comfortable, to make his life better, too.’

Book:
http://www.amazon.com/Street-Cat-Named-James-Bowen/dp/1444737090

Comments

  1. My son bought me this book but I haven't got around to reading it yet. It looks interesting. I did approach Mary Pachnos, his agent, with a cat based book I am writing, but she said it wasn't for her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty Princess

Kardashian or Jenner ;-)